Liebster Award Winner!
Being nominated for an award is always exciting and though I have not yet met Stephanie, Joel, Bailey and Brooke of Love My Life With Twins I am honored that they nominated me for this award.
Since their blog is so much about paying it forward it makes sense that Stephanie would be nominated by someone else. In reading her blog, it is apparent that she finds joy in the journey, while relating wonderful heartwarming, personal and authentic stories about her life with twins. Being a mother I can relate to some of the challenges that she speaks of, but twins put a whole new perspective on the journey. Bailey and Brooke are lucky ladies to have a mother that is able to juggle all that twins can exert and still have time to write a blog and give back to the world. So thank you, Stephanie, for including me in that sphere of warmth and generosity. I only hope that my blog can enlighten areas for business owners as yours has for mothers of twins.
So what is the Liebster award? As with everything I did some internet research and there are a couple of mild variations in the rules, but generally the award is given to new and upcoming bloggers with small followings. The purpose of the award is to provide a way for small bloggers to help each other out by cross-promoting good blogs. It is also nice if you can find blogs that give something back to the readers.
According to Stephanie “In German, Liebster means Dearest/Sweetheart, which is exactly what this award is all about – showing some LOVE.” And I couldn’t have said it any better than that.
I hope that sharing some love for the blogs I have nominated will help them grow and that they will get to know other blogs – as I am now getting to know Stephanie’s.
Here are my answers to Stephanie’s questions:
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging as a way to provide information to my prospects and to answer many of the common questions that I was getting in my consulting business.
- Pick one word to describe yourself. Loyal
- If you could change something about yourself or your life, what would it be? Not sure that I would change anything. I believe that the universe gives us things and takes away things based on where we are now or will be in the near future. To change those things would mean that I would not become who I was meant to be. Okay maybe – I would allow myself to eat chocolate without being sick – that would be nice!
- What is your favorite food? Mangoes, Mangoes and more mangoes!
- What was the last movie you saw in theaters? The Hobbit.
- What is something that most people don’t know about you? I am not a strong swimmer, but love to scuba dive.
- What is your favorite quote? It is on my marketing effectiveness website. “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker.
- What does a typical day look life for you? Exercise, then breakfast, email for an hour, then client work, training time starts at 4:00 each day and continues after dinner if nothing else is booked. Weekends off.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Thailand is the next trip on the bucket list, but there is many more following.
- What do you do when you have a day to yourself? Read, watch movies, shop, or pamper myself. It depends on where I am and what season it is. LOL
- What do you value most in life? My family. Husband and kids before anything else!
Here are eleven random facts about me:
- I come from a family of 7 kids
- I am Catholic. But my extended family includes 2 Buddhists, 1 Jehovah Witness, 1 Wiccan, and a couple of non-practitioners. Which makes celebrating the holidays interesting at times.
- I have been married to the same wonderful man for 28 years and we dated for 5+ before that!
- I was engaged 3 times before I finally walked down the aisle, and my husband was the only one that did not get down on one knee to propose.
- I am very organized, but sometimes it doesn’t look like it at my house.
- I love to scuba dive, but I am not a strong swimmer
- I am only 5 feet tall.
- I love it when we complete a building project at our house!
- Shopping therapy is a regular occurrence at our house.
- I left working in corporate when my kids started school and have never missed it.
- I feel that my boys are the greatest thing that has ever happened in my life and I don’t know what I could do to top that.
I nominate the following blogs:
Out Of the Office. Today
Berman Business Blog
The Resourceful CEO
Scribble and Scrawl
Digital Marketing Blog
Patricia Weber Blog
My eleven questions for the nominees:
- What has been your most successful blog post and why?
- Do you have a Word for the year and what is it that you are focusing on for 2015?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be?
- What is one thing you would like to learn this year?
- What is your favorite method of relaxing?
- What is something that most people don’t know about you?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is the next greatest challenge you will take on?
- If you could choose to do anything without regrets what would that be?
- What is the best thing anyone has ever done for you?
- What are you most grateful for?
I look forward to reading all of your answers!